Thursday, February 23, 2006

Train(s) of thought

Acknowledgement: The following post is guilty of shameless plagiarism.The idea is inspired by Kaushik's orkut profile.He's changed it now,though,so I feel pretty saintly being honest about it.

Ok this happens to me nearly everyday during most lectures.I can't focus in class.Absofuckinlutely not!It has been happening since the first sem,but this sem,my 6th,has seen me scaling new heights in lack-of-concentration-in-class.This is how my mind usually plays tricks on me.

Venue:Lecture hall 11,mostly
One of the Profs is blabbering away.Say Dr.Mazumdar.I'm taking his example because he's so loud in class that even the most sleepy souls can't catch forty winks.Not that I ever sleep during lectures.Nope,thats the other problem.I am as awake as,well,any fully awake person(I thank Scott Adams for inhibiting my ability to quote appropriate analogies).
Anyway,the point is,if I can daydream in this lecture,the rest of the Profs don't really stand a chance.

A typical train of thought: (Song playing in head)Whooo are you,who who,who who?Who the fuck are you,who who,who who? Man!If Pete Townshend isn't God,I don't know who God is!Wonder if my band members will ever agree to cover The Who songs.Probably not,they're already on an overdose of Floyd. Vinny will kill me if I mention more classic Rock'n'Roll.Hmmm...what bands does that genre really spawn?Rolling Stones is probably the flagship band.Actually,it sounds pretty similar to The Who. And Floyd? can never be sure about their genre.But who cares? They're Gods anyway.Huh,what?Oh shit,he asked a question.What the fuck is going on anyway?Alternative Iron making,shit!Gawd!what did I do to deserve this?Oh,he's coming this way.If you're there,God,now is the time to prove it.Phew!he asked Neerav.Well,Okay I'm beginning to get convinced.Concentrate,man,concentrate!
Now what is Hiran asking?How would I know?Nishant seems to have an idea.How is he so attentive in class?Shit,people are writing copious amounts of stuff.When did he say all this?
Well,there goes more photocopy money flying!Money,so they say,Is the root of all evil today!
I can never get how Money is Floyd's only top 20 hit in the US? That is another reason for me to believe that Americans are assholes.But they make some great movies.Ooh man,The Shawshank Redemption. Why didn't it win an Oscar?Oh yea,the Americans are assholes!Gotta watch Mystic River asap.Once I get over with this goddamn quiz!Oh,shit!got practice tonight.But Panty isn't coming.So probably we'll just do Highway to Hell.Phat jayegi yaar!The chorus part is so fuckin high.Lets see if Vishnu can help me out with it.Will junta come to see a rock show here?Hmm,maybe we'll put up the list of songs a few days before the show.Smoke on the water,Highway to Hell,Run like Hell ought to draw some crowd at least.
How much time left?10 more minutes!Lets see what's going on.Hmmmm......no idea.
Arre yaar,gotta prepare at leats one good dance before the sem ends.The boys really want to take a team to other colleges.Oh,the prize money for Groovin.Gotta talk to Pathak today.
Will we be able to go to Allahabad for Gnosiomania?Well,Dube and Shahi are ready.Not sure about Mandu though.Lets see if Nishant and Barsaiyan agree.It'll be fun if they do.
Just 2 more mins,hmm...120,119,118,117......

You get the picture,don't you?

No comments: